This Emotional Resiliency Training is course based on the research of Brené Brown, Ph.D. (see her TED Talk here), insights from relational gestalt, and practices from Mindful Self-Compassion Training. Questions: How do we engage in our lives from a place of authenticity and worthiness? How do we cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection that we need to embrace our imperfections and to recognize that we are enough—that we are worthy of love, belonging, and joy?
Find your own answers to these questions during this special course. We’ll see how the universal experiences of shame and fear affect us and how practicing resilience in our everyday lives can change the way we live, love, parent, work and play.
Sessions in this training include the following topics:
- cultivate the courage to be honest, to set boundaries and to be vulnerable
- exercise compassion and empathy
- nurture the joy that comes when we let go of what we are supposed to be and embrace who we are
Love and Belonging
- uncover your ability to include yourself in your own circle of kindness
- love the ordinary and imperfect parts of our lives
- practice forgiveness and self-compassion
- practice hope and gratitude
- think honestly and critically
- hold joy and laughter sacred
The focus of this weekend is working skillfully with shame and how to other emotional obstacles get in the way of our ability to live in intimate connection, with ourselves and others.
We are hard-wired for connection. The problem often is that our fear, self-doubt, judgment, shame and other emotional obstacles get in the way of our ability to live in intimate connection, with ourselves and others.
Instructors: Michelle Seely & Nicholas Brüss
Dates: Nov 20th – 22nd
Time: Friday 7pm-9pm, Saturday 10am-5:30pm, Sunday 10am- 2:00pm
Location: Private Residence, Pacific Palisades, Los Angeles
Financial assistance available email firstname.lastname@example.org
Optional reading from Brené Brown Ph.D., L.C.S.W:
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead (2012)
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are (2010)
- I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn’t): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power (2007)
Continuing Education for Psychologists, MFTs and LCSWs:
This course meets the qualification for 11 hours of continuing education credit for LCSW, MFT, LEP and LPCC licenses, CompassionLA is approved by the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences, Provider No. PCE 5755.
Pacific Gestalt Institute (PGI) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. PGI maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your registration, e-mail email@example.com to get a refund or to make arrangements for applying your fee as a credit toward another program. 100% refund minus a $50 administration charge if the cancellation is received at least seven days before the first class. Refund of 50% if notice is received less than seven days prior to the first class. No refunds issued if the cancellation is received less than 48 hours before class begins.